In November 2019, Shanti Sahyog Centre for Women, Tughlakabad (TKD) Village, New Delhi, partnered with Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ) flagship CSR Project PANKHI, with the objective to provide help to victims of Domestic Violence (DV) through Counselling, Legal Aid & Outreach Activities which include:
- Free Legal Awareness Camps to empower the women in TKD Village with information about their legal rights and privileges; to alert them to fearlessly report gender-based violence in the community;
- Capacity Development of women from our village community who have leadership qualities, to guide DV victims to our Counselling Center to seek aid;
- Providing temporary shelter through women organizations, when required;
- Conducting premarital orientation workshops and training in self-defense;
Action Plan of PANKHI Project
- To integrate counseling and crisis intervention through a central helpline service available to the victim.
- To increase the identification, reporting and referral of gender-based violence cases by community leaders through the use of the central helpline.
- To provide needs based and timely referrals to the victims of domestic violence.
- To conduct virtual meetings and webinars for NGO’s, Corporates, Women’s Organizations, University students, etc on domestic violence /abuse and information about TBZ Project PANKHI.
Shanti Sahyog completes one year of implementing PANKHI Project on 31 October 2020. From November 1, 2020, we will expand our catchment area (currently TKD Village) to include 17 slums in Kalkaji/Govindpuri area, New Delhi.
Free Legal Awareness/Outreach Camps
TKD Village Centre for Women Staff spreading awareness of DV TBZ Project